[AusNOG] qld transport contact

Chris Scholfield admincs at heartland.com.au
Thu Dec 13 14:40:33 EST 2012

SPF is keeping them at bay with us as well thank goodness. The problem we
had first started when some users were complaining they couldn't send email.
Turned out it was because these external IP's were establishing so many
connections it maxed out the limit we had set on the email server.

I've been looking into either blocking or allowing certain countries IP
addresses on the router for the mail server to prevent these attacks from
reaching the mail server to begin with.  Everyone I have spoken to so far
has said it could possibly be done, but they've never tried it.

Anyone had any experience in doing this?  If so, how'd it turn out?

Chris Scholfield