[AusNOG] Cisco Q-in-Q config on AAPT e-Line

Sean K. Finn sean.finn at ozservers.com.au
Thu Dec 13 13:49:50 EST 2012

I know this will be frowned upon, but one way I managed to utilise this was to have three ports on a non QinQ C3750G handle it.

Port 1 for example, took the AAPT TRUNK, as it does, with the allowed VLAN, in your case, only allows VLAN 320.

Port 2, on my C3750G was again an ACCESS port, with Vlan320 the only allowed VLAN.

I then looped that back into PORT3 of the same cisco device, however this time set it up port 3 as a TRUNK port, but only allowed through all of my other VLAN's.

It's horrible, but, in a sandbox, worked well, and I still had access to the native / untagged Vlan 320.

You could just as easily do this with two different Cisco's, one taking the AAPT handoff as a Trunk, then delivering it to another device on your network as an ACCESS/TRUNK port combo.

Please don't shoot me, it worked well in practice, even if it did throw up some Native-Vlan-Mismatch errors.

The point is it WORKS if you are in a pickle.