[AusNOG] Request for Adhoc Technician in Melbourne & Canberra

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+ausnog at eintellego.net
Wed Dec 5 13:00:15 EST 2012

Hey all,

Our previous Melbourne contact for adhoc work has gone onto a different
profession so we are looking for a new contact to have a relationship with.

We don't have a LOT of work in Melbourne and Canberra, but we do have the
occasional jobs that we need someone for, and the amount of work is
starting to ramp up.

Most of the work is 'remote hands' kind of work, not full engineer/build
configs/etc - so I am not expecting massive hourly rates.

We're looking for someone who:

- Knows Cisco CLI (moving around, following directions)
- Knows Juniper CLI (Junos) would be nice, but not critical as we can walk
through if needed
- Basic understanding of DSL/ethernet/etc for installing of new services
- Has a laptop with Serial capability (USB->Serial fine) and knows how to
use it
- Has 3G/etc connectivity that we could setup remote connectivity to their
laptop if needed (Team Viewer for example)
- Works in an environment where they can be called on in emergencies
- Can store some equipment locally for emergencies (nothing big)
- Centrally located in Melbourne/Canberra with transport to get around
- Isn't working at a full-time job and wants extra after-hours work.  Jobs
could be in business hours
- Owning your own business is preferable, but if you work for someone, the
relationship needs to be with them
- Big companies with Big hourly charges - need not bother.

I will establish two contacts this time in each location - in case one
isn't available or I will alternate work.  Please send me an email off-list
confirming you can do the above and what your rates are (business hours and
after hours).  I will take the first two that fit best in each location.

...Skeeve

*
*
*Skeeve Stevens, CEO - *eintellego Pty Ltd
skeeve at eintellego.net ; www.eintellego.net

Phone: 1300 753 383; Cell +61 (0)414 753 383 ; skype://skeeve

facebook.com/eintellego ;  <http://twitter.com/networkceoau>
linkedin.com/in/skeeve

twitter.com/networkceoau ; blog: www.network-ceo.net

The Experts Who The Experts Call
Juniper - Cisco – IBM - Brocade - Cloud
-----
Check out our Juniper promotion website for Oct/Nov!  eintellego.mx
Free Apple products during this promotion!!!