[AusNOG] ABW from a technical team perspective?

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Tue Dec 4 16:54:01 EST 2012

On Dec 4, 2012, at 12:47 PM, Christopher Pollock wrote:

> But, I'm a lot less useful in those places due to my lack of physical proximity to the people with whom I need to converse frequently, or that I get benefit from overhearing.

IM w/group chat (or IRC), VoIP, et. al. work well for this, as well, I find.  I have all these things available on my phone as well as my laptop and tablet, so I can pretty much do my entire job from anywhere, as long as there's some form of data connectivity.

I'm more productive being in my own environment that I totally control, without the hassles of commuting, trudging back and forth between various cube-farms, and so forth.  I've worked this way for the past 15 years or so, and can't imagine going back to the old 'office' routine, heh.

;>

	  Luck is the residue of opportunity and design.

		       -- John Milton