[AusNOG] ABW from a technical team perspective?

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Tue Dec 4 16:07:57 EST 2012

On Dec 4, 2012, at 11:21 AM, Andrew Cox wrote:

> I could see it working in an environment where significant metrics/displays could be made available throughout various areas of the building so that NOC/Networking staff could go out, sit beside the people they need to work with to get XYZ project done, but still be able to maintain their core roles.

This whole emphasis on physical location and physical presence seems bizarre, to me.  Oughtn't the goal to be able to leverage modern technology so as to accomplish anything from anywhere with anybody?

Australia is a big place.  Oughtn't VPN/telecommuting, 3G/4G mobility, virtual NOC capabilities, and so forth be the norm rather than the exception?

	  Luck is the residue of opportunity and design.

		       -- John Milton