[AusNOG] [SPAM] Re: Is CCTV a Necessity in a Data Centre?

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Mon Dec 3 14:16:25 EST 2012

>> I'm sure CCTV is essential for things like PCI, to meet the BS red
>> tape, but with regards to the OP post generally, so far we've only heard
>> political/red-tape reasons.

So, I have it on good authority that equipment vendors have had good success at pushing back on over-aggressive requirements from PCI.  Specifically in the area of early vulnerability disclosure.  You might be able to, collectively, push back on them successfully as well.  It's easy for them to say this, and a huge pain in the ass for everyone else to retrofit their cages for the panopticon state.

                                -Bill