[AusNOG] [SPAM] Re: Is CCTV a Necessity in a Data Centre?

Ross Wheeler ausnog at rossw.net
Sun Dec 2 21:21:41 EST 2012

> a) Is CCTV (recording) a necessity within a data centre?
> It's a requirement of our insurance company so yes.

Went through this a few years ago with an insurance policy that "required"
BCF fire extinguishers (after they'd been made illegal).

*NO* insurance company can *REQUIRE* you to do something illegal.
If the use of a camera in the situation breaches other laws, and they are
requiring you to act contrary to that law, they can not enforce it.

(IANAL, YMMV, seek your own advice, etc)

RossW