[AusNOG] Syria cut's itself off!

Aqius aqius at lavabit.com
Sun Dec 2 11:39:02 EST 2012

No doubt, but those satellites are roaming all over the sky, and many of
them are not owned by these single organisations.

Just the same as we have an 'emergency' service here in Oz where it uses any
carrier, I'm suggesting a global emergency service could be provided... I'm
not saying it wouldn't have a few challenges, but from a technical
perspective, it shouldn't be that hard to deliver in this day and age.

We have the UN, we can surely have this as well if only enough people want
it. The only real challenges I'd see are political, social and potentially
financial... In other words a walk in the park!! ;)