[AusNOG] Fibre Cleaner

Sean K. Finn sean.finn at ozservers.com.au
Thu Aug 30 23:45:14 EST 2012

Hi All.

Does anyone know where to source a Fibre-Cleaning Pen from?
(Preferably locally in Brisbane but mail order would be fine).

Any Idea of the cost?

Ideally one that will clean SCA / SC Sockets, SC/SCA Leads and LC Connectors.

Any tricks that a newcomer should be aware of?

I have a dodgy LX optic run that I need to squeeze an extra couple of db of light out of since it's going through 18 (YES 18) Cable segments from One DC to the Next DC. ;)

Reply On or Off list is fine, I'm sure it would be handy knowledge for others.

Hope to see you all at the 'Nog in a few days time.