[AusNOG] Server BW limits

Narelle narellec at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 18:05:42 EST 2012

On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 2:21 PM, Tim March <march.tim at gmail.com> wrote:
> I recently reviewed a facility space quote on behalf of a customer that
> included a 'Carbon Tax Supplement' of $54.00 per cabinet. From memory it
> included ~ 2kW of power with additional 1kW blocks running up ~ $850ea.
> Adding in the $1,675 base price per cabinet means you're then looking at
> $3,239 for a standard 3.84kW cabinet before you even think about putting
> data services in it.

The ACCC has published a set of resources to counter misleading claims
about the impact of the carbon tax.

If you think you are being shafted by someone attributing costs to the
carbon tax, then have a look at this site and you might find something
useful there.

http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/tag/carbon/fromItemId/ACCC

And for those looking at Europe - they already have it in most places,
very probably affecting the German services under discussion in this
thread.

--> Not buying into the rights wrongs and what fors of the carbon
tax/pricing regime, just offering information.  Other than to suggest
it aint the cause of the prices you see...

--

Narelle
narellec at gmail.com