[AusNOG] mobile phones coverages alternative

Jake Anderson yahoo at vapourforge.com
Wed Aug 29 15:02:20 EST 2012

problem is "phone" = gsm network as far as the mobile is concerned
Take a look at "femtocells" some carriers let you put a tiny base
station in and run it out over VoIP
They of course charge you an assload for the privilege of fixing their
lack of coverage, both up front and ongoing costs.

If your big enough you may even be able to encourage the carriers to put
a micro base station in that'll cover your building and the surrounds.