[AusNOG] Telstra Provisioning - SLC's

Nick Brown Nick at ipera.com.au
Wed Aug 29 09:35:30 EST 2012

Morning Everyone,

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who deals with the commercial / provisioning side of Telstra Wholesale CGE and BDAS in regards to how you handle the potential for special linkage charges when quoting customers or better yet, how you handle the situation when you are asked for a customer contribution during design and construct.

We have had a wholesale transmission order come back recently with ~$5k of customer contribution, we have handled this one without issue but we need to determine the business rule moving forward and I'd really appreciate thoughts from anyone who has dealt with this before (From someone other than our account manager).

Offlist would be best and I'll summarise back to the list (As this is bordering off topic..).

Cheers!
Nick Brown.