[AusNOG] Server BW limits

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Sun Aug 26 10:57:26 EST 2012

On Sun, 2012-08-26 at 11:37 +1200, Simon Lyall wrote:

> Are Australian bandwidth costs still so high that I'm not going to get

LOL ... yes

> anything remotely like EU/US pricing any time soon?

They'll never be near as competitive as the U.S.

/rant
Hell, the U.S. even pays less than half what we pay for power per kwH
(9-13c that I know of, probably some even less), everything in AU is an
utter rip off, and once businesses figure out the impact of the latest
how-do-we-fuck-aussies-up-more tax, errr I mean carbon tax, which may
take most SMB 6 months or so to decisively work out its impact, direct
and indirect, so they can justify price increases to the wankers in govt
who want to try threaten them for trying to survive - costs will likely
rise further again.

/end rant