[AusNOG] Monitoring users usage outside of office network

Chris Hurley chris at minopher.net.au
Wed Aug 22 11:54:50 EST 2012

Hi all,

While possibly OT I thought I would ask the collective brains here for
ideas.

We have a client that wants to monitor his users internet usage/web sites
etc. Not a problem while people are within the company network or VPN
access. But they want to monitor laptops on the road that maybe connecting
via 3G or wireless to the Net.

Any ideas? Off network monitoring doesn't have to be live, i.e a dump once a
week when people return to the office is fine.

Contact me off list if you feel too OYT.

Regards,

Chris Hurley BE (Elec), MBA
Director

 Minopher Pty Ltd     Phone: 1300 730 531
 15 Nevana Street     Fax: +61-3-9763 3309
 Scoresby,  3179 Victoria
 Australia