[AusNOG] 2811 IPv6 routing table limit

Mark Grinceri mark at grinceri.com.au
Wed Aug 15 07:53:35 EST 2012

I didn't make fully clear the topology last time, I was trying to keep the initial question simple.

However there's probably merit in providing details. I have two 2811 boarder routers each with a single IPv6 peer receiving a full table from the upstream and then iBGP between the border routers.

It's the iBGP exchanging of prefixes that is causing issues, both send each other full feeds initially however after doing some debugs I can see the routes from one iBGP peer withdrawning the prefixes until it's left with only 100 prefixes or so.

UTC: BGP(1): 2001:DF2:30F:6000::1 rcv UPDATE about 2A01:2C8::/32 -- withdrawn

Anyone want to shed light on withdrawn prefixes.

-Mark