[AusNOG] batch of linksys phones

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Wed Apr 18 09:59:27 EST 2012

Unfortunately, all too often, Telstra Business rep walks in, says "I can
bundle all this for you, with this hardware, on this technology" and the
bundled price blows them away so they go with it.

The other thread going on recently here re-enforces the fact that the EU
doesn't care what tech is used to deliver the phone call, rather that
it's delivered and in a cost-effective way.

It probably happens more often then you think. Mostly because a lot of
smaller IT firms implement VoIP PBX (with Open Source such as Elastix)
with no decent tweaking, over an ADSL2 connection (typically shared with
their data), and no POTS backup in the box. One failure and the business
they set it up for loses all faith in the system.