[AusNOG] Valid address database

Thomas Jackson thomas at thomax.com.au
Wed Apr 18 09:07:26 EST 2012

The search terms that you are after are "Australia Post PAF" (Postal Address
File) and "Australia Post AMAS" (Address Matching Approval System).

Typically this data is used to print the postal barcodes, but I don't see
why you couldn't use it for what you want (from a technical perspective, not
sure about it from a licensing perspective).

http://auspost.com.au/business/barcoding-tools-information-guides.html is a
good place to start

As an outside-the-box idea, you should be able to do address validation
using the Google Maps API which would certainly be cheaper, but that doesn't
help with finding all the valid addresses given a postcode / street name.