[AusNOG] ISP pricing in the NBN world

Matthew Moyle-Croft mmc at mmc.com.au
Mon Apr 16 21:05:37 EST 2012

On 16/04/2012, at 8:21 PM, Dobbins, Roland wrote:

> On Apr 16, 2012, at 5:36 PM, Matthew Moyle-Croft wrote:
>
>> Interestingly, I'll point out what Apple have done with iMessage to avoid SMS tolls.
>
> WhatsApp is another good example.

Yep.  Difference is iMessage is built in and turned on by default.  My Dad, mother-in-law and other iPhone users use it and have no idea they are.

However, given they plans they're all on - it's making $0 difference to their bills.   Hence my assertion that the "value" of the optimisation is becoming smaller and smaller.

MMC