[AusNOG] M2 buy Primus

Mark Delany g2x at juliet.emu.st
Mon Apr 16 16:45:02 EST 2012

On 16Apr12, Rod Veith allegedly wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> I think we're largely in agreement though I do care what about the 'vector'
> I use. Would be interesting in market research on what most people think.
>
> My views and use of end user technology will undoubtedly change with the
> technology however with present day technology part of the reason why I care
> is due to user interface issues, device operation and the content/message I

Too true. And I think Mark Newton touched on this. The UI model of
"calling or texting a number" will live on for a long time. That's why
I referred to PSTN numbers as a rendezvous mechanism.

But as Internet technologists, we know that carrying those bits and
getting them to the right place is orders of magnitude cheaper than
the PSTN operators charge today. That might be because our agenda is
different.

Mark.