[AusNOG] Preparing 100s of routers for resale

Tom Storey tom at snnap.net
Thu Apr 12 18:12:37 EST 2012

+1 to what MMC said.

Also make sure to check flash: nvram: et al to make sure there arent
"backup" copies of configs floating around.

Ive bought plenty of second hand kit over the years and found configs,
images, etc stored in all manner of different places around the box.
One router I bought, from ebay, came from Air Services Australia, and
had the full config in place including a Melbourne dialup number with
username and password, EIGRP, the works...

Heres a semi recent article from the UK along the same lines:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/09/30/nats_switch_fail/

Tom