[AusNOG] Network Visualisation Tools, favourites?

Simon Knight simon.knight at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 15:36:25 EST 2011

That's a much trickier process, it depends what sort of data you wish
to measure.

For external networks we are limited to automated measurements such as
traceroute, which come with a lot of caveats, or looking at publicly
available materials (which we used for topology-zoo.org).

For internal networks it's a bit easier, from data such as the Link
State Database, or possibly (but much harder) by parsing the configs
themselves.

Cheers
Simon