[AusNOG] OT: Vendorware and associated swag.

Sean K. Finn sean.finn at ozservers.com.au
Thu Oct 13 14:14:26 EST 2011

Hi Guys,

Slightly off-topic (Very).

Some of my NOC Guys get presents after we get back from events like AusNOG and other events, in the form of, for example, AusNOG Shirts, Cisco Shirts, Google Pens, Rubix Cubes, Flashy things and Equinix Velcro ties.

Being in the background means that they don't always get to come along to events, so we try to look after them by bringing back as much 'swag' as possible and sharing it around.

However, sometimes there's just not enough to go around, and not everyone gets looked after!)
(A notable Exception was an AAPT Event this morning that provided Chocolate covered Coffee beans. We were able to get away with enough swag to deck out the whole office. Thank you AAPT.).

MY QUESTION to the list is,
Apart from turning up for events, are there any links that anyone is aware of that we can request vendorware, swag and other nicknacks from?

If any vendors are on the list and would like to send some swag or vendorware our way for the guys in the background, please feel free.

Of course, this is very off-topic, slightly tounge-in-cheek, but I promised the guys that I'd post to AusNOG to find out., and, hopefully score them some swag.
(And several lurk on this list, too).

Sean.