[AusNOG] Bulk Wiping/Flashing/Configuring Routers

roland at chan.id.au roland at chan.id.au
Fri Oct 7 18:38:16 EST 2011

/usr/bin/expect

?

------Original Message------
From: Shane Short
Sender: ausnog-bounces at lists.ausnog.net
To: ausnog at ausnog.net List
Subject: [AusNOG] Bulk Wiping/Flashing/Configuring Routers
Sent: 7 Oct 2011 18:07

Hi Guys,
As a part of my day job I regularly receive refurbished cisco routers and switches which require testing/wiping/reconfiguring. I'm currently doing most of this by hand which is driving me nuts! :)

Is anyone out there using any automated expect-type (or other) scripts to wipe/provision CPE? We have an old Cisco 2511 which we use as a console server, if that helps.

Most of the gear is Cisco 87x, 18xx and Catalyst 3550/3560 switches. Any helpful suggestions or hints would be appreciated! :)

-Shane