[AusNOG] Wiki for network ops

Kevin Karp ausnog at pps.com.au
Fri Oct 7 17:23:02 EST 2011

Hi Dale

 >I'm in the process of building a new wiki as a repository for network
ops type information (work instructions, configuration standards, site
information, howtos, and so on). I've previously used MediaWiki and I
guess it was "OK" but I'm interested in learning what other people are
using for similar purposes.
A heavily modified and customised Lotus Domino (Notes) template DB
called "Server and Network Tracking" first developed by Jeff Cook in
2000 (jeff.cook at sysource.com)

 >LDAP auth required, being able to PDF'ify articles would be nice.
Yes to both

 > Does anything in particular stand out?
Encryption, certificate based security, usable on a stand alone laptop
in the DC, auto-replication of changes when reconnected to network, full
hypermedia and hyperlinking without any wiki syntax, auditable changes
plus heaps more.

 > What are the features of your wiki software that you really like?
Longevity of usage. We have over 10 years of records (including
auditable change management) stored in the DB.

 > Open source preferred;
Lotus Notes is not open source, but the template DB is.

 > underlying OS is Red Hat Linux.
Yes, for both server and client plus just about any other platform you
care to name (for both).

KJK now ducks head whilst incoming decaying vegetation is hurled by
Lotus Notes bashers!

Regards

Kevin

[e] kjk at pps.com.au