[AusNOG] Wiki for network ops

Jay Mitchell jay at miscreant.org
Fri Oct 7 14:11:57 EST 2011

On 07/10/2011, at 12:06 PM, Don Gould <don at bowenvale.co.nz> wrote:

> Joomla
>
> Yes it's not a wiki, but you get a nicer ui and don't have to learn wiki code to do stuff.  I'm so over community dev on wiki sites to then have issues with uploading images etc.

+1 to Joomla here.

I found my guys were spending more time trying to format stuff in Twiki than they were actually writing doco. Joomla removed that issue.

The ability to paste documents in directly from ms word documents and (mostly) retaining formatting, followed by the "clean up code" function to remove all the word evil was instant win for me.

--jay