[AusNOG] Wiki for network ops

Sean K. Finn sean.finn at ozservers.com.au
Fri Oct 7 12:30:28 EST 2011

ATLASSIAN + CONFLUENCE + FISHEYE is a killer combo.

There's a 10 user free, if you need more users, you need to pay.

The best part is that you can link it to SVN or CVS, so if you use RANCID to log network changes from your router you can,
http://www.atlassian.com/software/fisheye/

Submit a ticket in your own system,
Make the change,
Link the new rancid CVS to the change,
Link with yEd http://www.yworks.com/en/products_diagramsforconfluence_about.html <- Again free for up to 10 users,
Draw a pretty picture of your network,
And add it to the WIKI.

It makes sense to have the whole lot of back-office / back-network config, issue tracking, change management and diagramming all in one place.

Sean.