[AusNOG] Cisco 7200VXR (all of it) EOL/EOS

Julien Goodwin ausnog at studio442.com.au
Wed Oct 5 15:14:11 EST 2011

On 05/10/11 09:13, Phil Pierotti wrote:
> That comment is the kind of blind faith that has made Juniper "endless
> promises" MX 80 a bit of a laughingstock - given than an MX 80 STILL
> cannot fully LAC/LNS like a 7200 (and that was a "shipping on day one"
> promise from Juniper).

I don't know who you talked to at Juniper, but when I asked them for an
ETA on LNS features roughly this time last year I was told mid this
year. Obviously they haven't hit that, but there's a big difference
between that and "shipping on day one".

I'll grant that it was on the data sheet on day one (appears to have
been removed from the MX80 data sheet, although is still in the MPC one,
can't remember if they delivered there).