[AusNOG] [off topic] AUSNOG's "Break Glass in Case of Emergency" :)

Matthew Mace mmace at nsane.net.au
Tue Nov 29 16:03:34 EST 2011

Nobody has said about a IEC Male to 3 Pin Power socket..... One of these
onsite would have DEFINITELY saved me a trip back to the office in the
past..

http://www.getprice.com.au/UPS-IEC-MALE-TO-3-PIN-POWER-SOCKET-150MM-Gpnc_76--35014686.htm

Available from Jaycar or all sorts of places..

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 2:45 PM, Christopher Pollock <
chris at ionetworks.com.au> wrote:

> Just the usual for me - console cables of various kinds, esp the unusual
> DB9-DB9 etc.   RJ45 leads in straight and full crossover, duplex LC/LC,
> LC/SC and SC/SC patch leads.  Cage nuts.  Maybe a Cisco CF card.  Mid-job
> at 2am you'll pay an awful lot to not have to go back to the office to get
> something.
>
> an iPhone charger might be useful as well?  (And a mini-usb charger for
> the androiders.)
>
> --
> Christopher Pollock,
> io Networks Pty Ltd.
> e. chris at ionetworks.com.au
> p. 1300 1 2 4 8 16
> m. 0410 747 765
> skype: christopherpollock
> http://www.ionetworks.com.au
> In-house, Outsourced.
>

> On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 2:39 PM, McDonald Richards <macca at vocus.com.au>wrote:
>
>> If it was a broken cross connect wouldn't that be the DC's responsibility
>> -
>> and in that case they'd have the appropriate gear to fix/test it anyway.
>>
>> Loopbacks are easy enough to hack up to prove that.
>>
>> Some of these suggestions are taking it to the extreme :)
>>
>> Macca
>>

>> On 29/11/11 3:29 PM, "Don Gould" <don at bowenvale.co.nz> wrote:
>>
>> > Has anyone suggested a proper cable/fibre tester?
>> >
>> > I hear lots of talk of spares, but if the problem is a cross connect
>> > cable over some distance or floors, a proper tester on site would be
>> > helpful, though I do get the issue of cost in that question.
>> >
>> > Are data centres of size providing that sort of resource on site?  Or
>> > are they just swapping out spare ports and calling for a repair?

>> as a

*Kind regards,*

* *

**
*Matthew Mace
Chief Systems Administrator
Nsane Developments Pty Ltd || Freenet Australia Pty Ltd
Google Australia Enterprise Partner Joint Venture*
*(E) mmace at nsane.net.au (P) 1300 0 67263 (W) NSANE.net.au<http://nsane.net.au/>
*