[AusNOG] LAC/LNS hardware recommendation

Barrie Hall barrie at mypond.net
Sat Nov 26 20:31:58 EST 2011

Barrie,****

> ** **
>
> How was your experience with the E-series? Can you share whether good or
> bad, will be interesting to hear from someone who has hands on with these
> routers…****
>
> ** **
>
> And did you finally end up replacing E series with 1ks or kept them?****
>
> ** **
>
> Ankit.****
>
> ** **
>
> *
> *

Ankit,

We have a huge installed base of E320's and E1440's (less now). They run
well and have never really given me much grief. We have never run "bleeding
edge" code releases on them.

My experience with the 1k's is less direct but I hear they are running
well. So far, we are keeping our E's (especially the E320's)

Cheers,
Barrie