[AusNOG] LAC/LNS hardware recommendation

Julien Goodwin ausnog at studio442.com.au
Sat Nov 26 14:58:03 EST 2011

On 25/11/11 18:34, Ankit Agrawal wrote:
> Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the below Broadband
> Series routers in a LAC/LNS configuration:

> 2.       Juniper E series

The whole E/ERX is coming close to EOL with Juniper.

The (JunOS running) MXen being their stated replacements. Until recently
the MXen didn't support L2TP LNS, but the release of 11.4 this month
fixes that, although it will be first gen quality (and I don't think
it's available on the MX80, only the larger boxes when they're running
"trio" line cards).

The MXen will also be much better base platform for NBN work if needed.