[AusNOG] Enterprise Protection for the Consumer

Don Gould don at bowenvale.co.nz
Thu May 19 17:59:58 EST 2011

On 19/05/2011 7:10 p.m., Karl Latiss wrote:

> I've had good success with a Mikrotik based Routerboards with projects
> like these. The RB450G is what I've used but they have a range of models
> depending on your requirements.
>
> http://www.routerboard.com/
Yip, that would have been my call.  I'm playing with RB750G's at
present, but I've got a server doing a stack of stuff as well.  But
didn't he say something about not using Mikrotik?  Though I'm not sure
why.... the price isn't quite $50, but it's not exactly Cisco either.

The 750 lets me put everyone on a separate network...  if you couple it
with RB250's you should be able to get more ports and use vlans (though
I've yet to make that work)...  and some AP's have vlan support in them
as well now... though I haven't played with that yet.

Sorry....  I half think this is a discussion that really should be on WP
rather than the OP list?