[AusNOG] [ANNOUNCE] replicast - replicate udp datagrams from IPv4 or IPv6 to IPv4 and/or IPv6

Mark Smith nanog at 85d5b20a518b8f6864949bd940457dc124746ddc.nosense.org
Tue May 10 23:17:25 EST 2011

Hi,

Inspired by a multicast TV project I did a little bit of work on
last year, over the last 12 months or so (in brief bursts) I've
developed an open source multicast and unicast utility that might be
useful to people on this list, called "replicast". This is the first
public release. I've developed it under Linux, and I think it should
probably compile under Mac OS X. It might compile under Windows with
cygwin or mingw. Any feedback welcome, including feature suggestions,
success compiling it on other platforms etc.

From the README:

--
1. Introduction
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sources can be -

o  IPv4 or IPv6
o  unicast or multicast

Destinations can be -

o  IPv4 and/or IPv6
o  unicast and/or multicast

Some examples of what replicast can be used for -

o  make IPv4 multicast traffic available to IPv6 multicast clients or
   vice-versa.
o  take IPv4 or IPv6 multicast traffic from one group available over a
   number of different IPv4 and/or IPv6 multicast groups.
o  take IPv4 or IPv6 multicast traffic from one group and unicast it to
   one or more IPv4 or IPv6 destinations.
o  take IPv4 or IPv6 unicast traffic and multicast it to one or more
   IPv4 and/or IPv6 multicast destinations.
--

I've also included some notes about using multicast under Linux and
IPv4 and IPv6 multicast in VLC in the README.

Here's the download page -

http://developer.berlios.de/projects/replicast/

Thanks,
Mark.