[AusNOG] Cisco ASA 5540

Tom Wright TWright at internode.com.au
Tue Mar 29 15:44:28 EST 2011

Which software version & have you logged a TAC case?

Was there anything useful dumped to the console?

-- Tom

On 29/03/2011, at 3:05 PM, James Troy wrote:

Has anyone had an experience with these devices randomly ‘locking’ and upon a reboot ending up in rommon?

Just had a clustered pair go both at once, apparently its the second time in 4 months.
After reboot the flash was blank and stuffed (0b free space)
After formatting the INT flash card i was able to rebuild them but seems weird. I cannot discount that someone else might be messing with them, because to me this doesn’t seem like it would be possible for a cisco product.

James Troy |
Network / Windows Administrator

INTRALOT AUSTRALIA PTY LTD
[A] Level 1  283 Normanby rd
     Port Melbourne VIC 3207
[T] + 61 3 9915 6267
[E] james.troy at intralot.com.au<mailto:james.troy at intralot.com.au>
[F] + 61 3 9645 6066
[W] www.intralot.com.au

<image001.jpg>

The information in this electronic mail is confidential, intended only for use of the individual or entity named. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, copying or use of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error please delete it immediately from your system and inform us by email on reply at intralot.com.au<mailto:reply at intralot.com.au>. This email and any attachments have been scanned for computer viruses using anti-viral software, but you should also perform your own scan. We do not accept liability for any loss or damage, whether caused by our own negligence or not, that results from a computer virus or a defect in the transmission of the email or any attached file.

Kind Regards,

Tom Wright
Internode Network Operations
P: +61 8 8228 2999