[AusNOG] FYI, Cisco 867 and 877 have been EOS/L'd

Glenn Powell Glenno at glenno.com
Thu Mar 17 22:35:55 EST 2011

Lets hope Cisco sort out the 887 supply issues in the distie channel. It
seems impossible to buy an 887 with Annex M & Wifi with the right
regulatory domain. Not to mention 4 weeks lead time on supply......

Feedback from Cisco Sales Support here in Aus as to why there is no
CISCO887MW-GN-A-K9 available for purchase.
----
802.11gn APs use AP1252G as the reference. The AP on the 880 platforms
is essentially an AP1252G. A SKU should be used for Australia according
to this.

However, there’s no A SKU for the 887MW. We have not seen much annex M
requirement from Australia hence there’s no WLAN version for this.

So, there is NO 887MW SKU for Australia. CISCO887MW-GN-E-K9 should be
removed from Australia Price List.
----

So either Cisco sales support have bad info, or the IOS sets the correct
regulatory domain,  OR a few corporate customers have non compliant
Wifi. Hopefully it sorts itself out.

Glenn.