[AusNOG] Hurricane Electric Fremont DC

Greg M gregm at servu.net.au
Mon Mar 14 23:54:31 EST 2011

Hi Noggers,

If anyone has any (on or off-list) feedback they wish to share about
colocation at Hurricane Electric (specifically their Fremont datacentre) it
would be appreciated. I know there are people on this list who use their
facilities.

We are about to take up a few racks of space at that datacentre, however
since we are based in AU, all of our server and networking setup as well as
remote hands is going to be managed entirely by he.net's staff.

Given it is an expensive trip from WA to California, we would like having to
avoid $3k return flights every time something goes wrong, and have the
confidence that their remote hands will be able to handle it for us! We will
also be utilising their network, so if anyone has any feedback on that, it
would be appreciated also!

Thanks kindly in advance,

Greg