[AusNOG] IPocalypse eve?

Kevin Karp ausnog at pps.com.au
Mon Jan 31 14:45:04 EST 2011

Damien

Answers to a couple of your questions:

>  Is there a future planned where customers will be v6-only, and

On his ipv4depletion.com website Stephan Lagerholm states:

*"3. DNS64/NAT64 becomes an alternative to Dual Stack*
T-mobile US and a few wireless providers in Slovenia explains to the
world that they are seriously considering Ipv6 only handsets using 6 to
4 gateways to reach the IPv4 Internet. The technique used is DNS64/NAT64
and T-mobile announces an open trial in September that people with the
Ipv6 capable handsets can sign up for.
http://groups.google.com/group/tmoipv6beta"

So there's at least one example of an IPv6 only customer base.

>  how they'll reach v4 content in that case?

That's also precisely the market for which we designed our Instant6
product (instant6.com). Admittedly, it's early days for Instant6 and it
still has some wrinkles (does not support https, and only serves home
content) but we are working on addressing those issues and will have
remedies in due course.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Kevin