[AusNOG] IPocalypse eve?

Don Gould don at bowenvale.co.nz
Mon Jan 31 12:46:32 EST 2011

On 31/01/2011 2:34 p.m., Damien Morris wrote:
> My hope is all the fighting on nanog is just noise and most providers are
> ready to smoothly transition consumers into v6 using dual-stack, NAT64 or
> any other of the host of available techniques.
And there's my point...

Should I be reading up on:-

a.  dual stack v6
b. NAT64
c. any other of the host of available techniques.

or

d. Just wait and do nothing till I see a trend from enough providers in
my area to make up my mind what gear I should be looking at?

AU - 600 ISPs?
AU - v6 ready?  1?

I run a small business, I don't have all day to learn every v6 iteration
under the sun.

I wonder just how many less vocal people than me there are out there
thinking these same things in this part of the world?