[AusNOG] IPocalypse eve?

Julien Goodwin ausnog at studio442.com.au
Mon Jan 31 12:29:37 EST 2011

On 31/01/11 11:51, Don Gould wrote:
> It's a bit like an OS upgrade.   You may consider that short sighted,
> but it costs time/money to be first in and then have to rework
> everything because of poor assumptions.

It also costs to be last, it's a fine line, as with everything.

My employer is consistently late with OS upgrades to the point where we
have to do our own security support, costing a lot.

We're early with IPv6, but due to lack of carrier support we only have
connectivity via a HE tunnel, which is sub-optimal to say the least.