[AusNOG] IANA Allocated last 2 /8's? The IPocalypse is here?

Skeeve Stevens skeeve at skeeve.me
Thu Jan 20 01:51:35 EST 2011

Hey All,

As Greg points out on
http://etherealmind.com/the-ipocalypse-is-nigh-bring-it-on/, it seems IANA
has allocated the last 2 /8's before there are 5 remaining, with one /8
being issued to each RIR.

Ref:
http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space/ipv4-address-space.xml

With:

39/8
102/8
103/8
104/8
106/8
179/8
185/8

As being unallocatedŠ

I can't see the announcement on the IANA website that the allocation has
happened, or which /8's they are, but perhaps someone else knows here.

This could also possibly be a rumourŠ But it can't be long before the
remaining 2 are allocated, so might as well get ready!

Skeeve Stevens - skeeve at skeeve.me
web://skeeve.me ; cell://+61 (0)414 753 383
msn://skeeve@skeeve.org ; skype://skeeve ; twitter://skeevestevens ;
facebook://facebook.com/skeeve ; linkedin://www.linkedin.com/in/skeeve
--
I'm a groove licked love child king of the verse
Si vis pacem, para bellum