[AusNOG] IANA Allocated last 2 /8's? The IPocalypse is here?

Brent Paddon brent at overthewire.com.au
Thu Jan 20 10:39:16 EST 2011

Content networks are worse.  No use having access with ipv6 and nothing to
view.

Some of the biggest content sources in this country are miles from being
ready.

Brent

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 9:35 AM, Matthew Moyle-Croft
<mmc at internode.com.au>wrote:

> On 20/01/2011, at 9:27 AM, Damien Morris wrote:
>
> On 20/01/11 8:18 AM, "Mark Smith"
> <nanog at 85d5b20a518b8f6864949bd940457dc124746ddc.nosense.org> wrote:
>

> for the IPocalypse party at the pub? Is there really anything else you
>
> can do that you shouldn't have already started doing ?
>

> You're all participating in ipv6 day on the 8th of June, right..?
>

> Dual stack'ed globally and offering dual stack to customers RIGHT now.
> We'll be selling several types of dual stack capable (meaning with actual
> real useable firmware) as well.
>
> Don't want to do the show bgp ipv6 uni _ASN_ for various people to
> embarrass people at this point, but it's getting close.
>
> Australia is #3 in the world in terms of routed v6 subnets.  (
> http://www.bgpmon.net/weathermap.php?inet=6) yet the access networks seem
> to be hiding their heads in the sand mostly.
>
> MMC

Brent Paddon

Director | Over the Wire Pty Ltd brent.paddon at overthewire.com.au |
www.overthewire.com.au
Phone: 07 3847 9292 | Fax: 07 3847 9696 | Mobile: 0400 2400 54