[AusNOG] Public information on POTS outages

James Troy jamest at pageuppeople.com
Tue Jan 18 09:07:07 EST 2011

Someone was previously posting to this list and link to telstra wholesale of
red and amber exchanges, if that link is dynamic that would be the best spot
copy/paste inline below:

Ryan Benson to ausnog
show details 11:02 AM (22 hours ago)
Are these still useful to people or am I spamming the list...?

At the time of this announcement there are 171 exchange service areas
(ESAs) that have been declared ’red zones‘, which means these entire
areas are currently a ‘no go’ for Telstra staff. These are listed at
the end of this announcement.

A further 231 ESAs have been declared as ‘amber zones’ which means
work is able to proceed in parts of these exchange areas where it is
considered safe for Telstra staff. These are listed at the end of this
announcement.

As the floods in most areas of Queensland and NSW begin to subside,
issues are now arising with flooding in Victoria and Tasmania.
There are currently no ‘red zones’ outside of Queensland, but Telstra
continue to monitor the situation.

http://www.ryanbenson.net/upload/TELSTRA_RED_ZONE_17_01.docx

*I would think todays would be TELSTRA_RED_ZONE_18_01.docx etc.*

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 10:40 PM, Mark Newton <newton at internode.com.au>wrote:

> Hi there.
>
> An acquaintance at a web services company is trying to do some automated
> reporting of telephony outages resulting from the flooding affecting both
> coasts of Australia.
>
> It's easy to find machine-readable outage advisories for broadband services
> by screen-scraping ISP service status pages, but it's somewhat harder to
> find PSTN outage info, other than the usual service disruption messages
> in the newspaper.
>
> Does anyone have a link to machine-readable PSTN outage info?  Doesn't need
> to be RSS, can be plain english as long as a parser can pick out exchange
> names it should be good enough.
>

> Thanks,
>
>  - mark
>

> --
> Mark Newton                               Email:  newton at internode.com.au(W)
> Network Engineer                          Email:  newton at atdot.dotat.org (H)
> Internode Pty Ltd                         Desk:   +61-8-82282999
> "Network Man" - Anagram of "Mark Newton"  Mobile: +61-416-202-223

James Troy
Network/System Administrator
*P:* +613 8677 3735*F:* +613 9923 6112*W:* www.pageuppeople.comLevel 10, 91
William StreetMelbourne VIC 3000 Australia*Retain*  *Recruit*  *Perform*  *
Develop*[image: PageUp People]
[image: people on the same page]