[AusNOG] Plans, details, resources etc. for drop-in emergency networks for situations like this Qld one?

Pia Waugh greebo at pipka.org
Wed Jan 12 20:08:58 EST 2011

Hi all,

<quote who="Mark Smith">

> Thinking about this Qld/Brisbane situation, I'm curious if anybody
> knows of any plans etc. by any emergency response organsations (or any
> others) regarding ad-hock drop-in emergency data networks (most likely
> wireless ones).

I don't think anyone has posted this yet but it's along these lines.

The ABC are running a flood crisis map using Ushahidi, and there is a lot of
good data there, as well as opportunities to post reports or subscribe to
alerts. Perhaps people could contribute some of what they've posted here,
there?

http://queenslandfloods.crowdmap.com/

Some people have used the reporting to post links to photos of flood
affected areas. It's really quite an amazing and rapidly growing record.

Cheers,
Pia