[AusNOG] nextgen and flooding

Ashley Hadassin ashh at hostaway.net.au
Wed Jan 12 18:38:06 EST 2011

>From Nextgen SMC:

Interim Update: 5.56PM, Wednesday 12 January

We currently have an outage on the alternate main cable between Brisbane and
Sydney
The fault appears to be an equipment fault at Viney Creek area, which is
midway between Brisbane and Sydney.
Fault details are being confirmed. We have a technician on site.
While it is too early to be definitive, we are hopeful that service will be
restored this evening.

We will send an update immediately that we have further information.