[AusNOG] APNIC Services to Continue During Local Flooding

Srinivas Chendi sunny at apnic.net
Wed Jan 12 15:30:15 EST 2011

APNIC Services to Continue During Local Flooding

Dear Members and Friends of APNIC

As you may have seen in the media, parts of Queensland, including
Brisbane City, are experiencing flooding. The flooding in Brisbane is
expected to peak in the early hours of Thursday morning, Australian
Eastern Standard Time (UTC+10).

  From the current information, our APNIC office and local co-location
facilities are expected to be only moderately impacted. Therefore, at
this time we expect no significant impact to our services to Members.

APNIC has activated its Business Continuity Plan, which is designed to
minimize the effects on APNIC services and Helpdesk availability during
emergency events.

We do however advise that phone support is limited and will likely
become unavailable should APNIC main office infrastructure be affected.
Contact to staff other than Helpdesk personnel will be impacted as most
staff are working from home. Please use our email services where
possible.

APNIC advises that this assessment may change as events are still
unfolding. Any updates will be available via RSS feed and on the
www.apnic.net announcements page.

       http://www.apnic.net/announcements

Regards,

APNIC Secretariat                                 secretariat at apnic.net
Asia Pacific Network Information Centre (APNIC)   Tel: +61 7 3858 3100
PO Box 3646 South Brisbane, QLD 4101 Australia    Fax: +61 7 3858 3199
6 Cordelia Street, South Brisbane, QLD            http://www.apnic.net