[AusNOG] Brisbane people please read

Shaun Deans :: Kadeo shaun at kadeo.com.au
Wed Jan 12 00:24:44 EST 2011

PEOPLE ARE NOT TO RING THE NUMBER UNLESS THERE IS AN EMERGENCY

Pas per: http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150158878465620&id=23146549325

ALERT! Please note: Due to flooding and shelter evacuations our call center is experiencing heavy traffic, please only call in an animal emergency.

Please only call RSPCA QLD hotlines if you have an animal emergency.Our phone lines are currently being blocked with calls for generous offers of help - we appreciate this out pouring of offers, but we are unable to attend to emergency calls while fielding all other calls. Please see the below methods for the lost appropriate way to contact the RSPCA during this busy time.

OFFERS OF HELP:

Please email floods at rspcaqld.org.au if you are able to offer help or assistance.

Foster an Animal: Those offering Foster placement for animals in flood affected areas please email floods at rspcaqld.org.au stating:

    *    your name;

    *    contact details;

    *    location details; and,

    *    what animals and numbers of animals you can take in and shelter.

Can we all please refrain from relaying "official announcements".
People in Brisbane are aware of the official channels.