[AusNOG] Brisbane?

John Edwards john at netniche.com.au
Tue Jan 11 14:12:19 EST 2011

On 11/01/2011, at 1:17 PM, Brent Paddon wrote:

> From what I'm hearing, quite a number of offices (incl CBD) being evac'd .... *could* be worse than 1974, especially if Wivenhoe goes overfull.

Bureau of meteorology has a document describing the 1974 floods, including a map of affected areas which may be useful.

http://www.bom.gov.au/hydro/flood/qld/fld_reports/brisbane_jan1974.pdf

I know of at least one Brisbane Datacentre that used aerial photography of the 1974 event to plan the location of their facility. Having seen how high the flood markers are on the banks of the river, it must be scary stuff if people are fearing a repeat.

John