[AusNOG] 1.1.1.1.1: The Clock is Ticking on IPv4!

Elly Tawhai elly at apnic.net
Tue Jan 11 13:47:48 EST 2011

1.1.1.1.1: The Clock is Ticking on IPv4!

Hi AUSNOG Community,

Following up on the APNIC 30 Community Consultation: The Final Stages
of IPv4 Distribution, the APNIC Secretariat has created an information
repository on IPv4 exhaustion in the Asia Pacific region:

      http://www.apnic.net/ipv4-exhaustion

This section of the public website contains important information
relevant to network operators, business managers, and end-users.

It is now possible for anyone to keep track of IPv4 availability at
APNIC.

This information is designed to keep everyone updated as we prepare to
enact the final /8 policy, which will ensure there is enough IPv4
address space for everyone to transition to IPv6.

Please take the time to visit this area of the website. We are looking
forward to supporting you in a smooth transition from IPv4 to IPv6.

APNIC Secretariat                                 secretariat at apnic.net
Asia Pacific Network Information Centre (APNIC)   Tel: +61 7 3858 3100
PO Box 3646 South Brisbane, QLD 4101 Australia    Fax: +61 7 3858 3199
6 Cordelia Street, South Brisbane, QLD            http://www.apnic.net