[AusNOG] Flooding in Rockhampton - What can AUSNOG do?

Craig Askings craig at askings.com.au
Sat Jan 8 16:00:03 EST 2011

On 07/01/11 23:44, Daniel Hooper wrote:
> I'd also be really interested to learn more about 2 things here, building networks that are disaster proof, and rapid deployments of networks in disaster affected area's, looks to me to be a great theme given the current circumstances.

A couple of things come to mind on this subject.

I'm pretty sure that Queensland's Dept of Emergency Serivces has a
mobile command command center that can setup shop and get a network up
and running in under 24 hrs. Getting one of the people involved in that
project to speak would be good.

Getting that fellow over in New Orleans that managed to keep his
Datacentre powered and online through their floods would also be of
interest.

Craig.