[AusNOG] Connectivity issues with 1.0.0.0/8 address space

Damien Gardner Jnr rendrag at rendrag.net
Tue Jan 4 14:36:13 EST 2011

On 04/01/2011, at 1:35 PM, Adam Griffiths wrote:

> Hi AusNoggers,
>
> Telstra's recently been assigned and begun to use portions of the
> 1.0.0.0/8 address ranges from APNIC.  Although this was allocated to
> APNIC close to a year ago, we've recently encountered some issues with
> corporates (both Telstra and non Telstra) and ISP's filtering these
> ranges both locally and overseas.

Ouch, that seems like a painful /8 to be using :-p

How many folks actually use 1.x internally?  I can think of at least two companies I've consulted to in the last few years who do, and for that matter, 1.0.0.1 seems to be sitting in my upstream's core..  (though the rest of 1/8 heads out across pipe and disappears at as7545.sydney.pipenetworks.com..)

--DG

Damien Gardner Jnr
VK2TDG. Dip EE. GradIEAust
rendrag at rendrag.net -  http://www.rendrag.net/