[AusNOG] First Android Virus

Richard Bayliss bayliss at juniper.net
Tue Jan 4 11:46:44 EST 2011

Other media outlets (like PC World) correctly originally reported this as Malware.

> And in reality, I can see limited uses for a botnet of mobile phones. You could do mass call or SMS spamming, maybe force some phones to call premium numbers (I doubt you'd get away with that for long),

Hence the bot-net like capability. What if you infected 10M of the 700M mobile users on china mobile and then used the command channel to coordinate each phone to trigger $10 worth of premium services at the same time?

Just saying,

Cheers
Rich